7 On-page SEO Factors and Crush Google Rankings
The SEO on the page refers to any optimization you can make for the structure of your website. Here are the most important aspects:
- Correct all your meta tags. Install Yoast SEO and make sure that all posts on your blog have an approval. Be sure to enter a descriptive title and description. You can find very valuable keywords and up conversion by looking at the Google Adwords that appear when you search for your keyword.
- To increase the click-through rate of your page, add one of the following checked keywords to the title and description of your post.
- Use descriptive and simple URLs.
- Link to public authorities Several studies show that linking to high domain sites such as Wikipedia or Harvard can increase your Google ranking. Be sure to specify at least 3-4 outbound links for each publication.
- The speed of the website is important. Google has stated in the blog for webmasters that the loading time of the page is one of the signals to evaluate your website: “The fastest websites create satisfied users and we have seen in our internal studies that visitors spend less time responding a website “.
- Buy an SSL certificate (eg Https). This will make your page “more legitimate”, but it will also improve the search results. Read the official announcement about Google SSL.
- It is never too early (or too late) to create powerful press and backlinks from high authority websites. Here the quality exceeds the quantity, although the quantity should not be overlooked.
- Build a brand Creating a brand will help you get more traffic over time.
How long should your SEO article be?
The ideal length of a blog post is 1900 words. Blog posts with 300 words will not be reduced in the long term for the following reason: people will simply click on your website, read and leave the article in 30 seconds, without giving you the ability to convert that click to a client.
Of course, long posts also contain a healthy touch of keywords throughout the text instead of an article filled with 300 words where 50 of the words are just your target keywords.
More importantly, the long content increases the time on the site (also called retention time) that someone spends on their site, which is a key measure for ranking.
The general strategy for writing a blog post is to create one that adds value (just like that, I hope). This, of course, leads you to write extensive content. This blog post is, for example, ~ 3200 words.
You should try to write the best article that has been written about the topic you have chosen. The easiest way is to search for a keyword and condense the top 10 search results. For more information, see this Brian Dean skyscraper technique.
That is all. I just described the white hat SEO strategy step by step that I use for my own websites and for my clients. I hope you found it valuable and you are doing it today.
About the Author
I'm Professional SEO Specialist, Team Leader of RegentSEO, a Trusted SEO Agency with over 7 years industry experience. I understand what it takes to get your website #1. Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have! Let me help you build and strengthen your online presence. More About Me...